Thursday, January 22, 2009

Emma's Finally Here!

Now that I've gotten the hang of multitasking, I finally have time to update my blog. Yeah! I can't believe it's been 7 weeks since Emma was born. I feel like she's growing up too fast all ready. I definitely want to treasure up every minute I have with her. I absolutely love being a mom.

My water broke around 7am on December 3rd. It wasn't at all what I had expected. In fact, I still wasn't 100% sure my water broke so I told Justin to go take his final and to not worry about it. I guess I was just expecting a lot of pain, but I didn't feel any. I hung around the house doing last minute cleaning and packing a hospital bag until my mom drove me to the hospital around 2pm. The doctor confirmed at 4pm that my water did indeed break. I became so excited and called Justin to hurry on down to the hospital. I was glad he arrived only an hour later with my dad.

After only 12 minutes of delivery, Emma arrived on December 4 at 12:09 am. She was 7 lbs 3.9 oz and 20 inches long. I was shocked to see her full head of hair. I love it! She's beautiful.
Our first family pic at the hospital.
Justin and I are so excited to be parents.
I couldn't believe how much love I immediately had for her the instant she was born. She definitely brings so much joy into my life.
Justin is so darn cute with her. You can tell he loves her so much. He is such a huge help. I didn't have to change one diaper the entire first month of her life. Justin just always did it. That was fabulous. He even wakes up once in the middle of the night to give Emma a bottle of expressed milk. Thank you Justin! I love you so much!
My mom is a grandma now! She's a young lookin' grandma that's for sure. She looks great. Thanks mom for all your help. I sure do appreciate all you did for us while you were out here. We love you!
Grandpa Hessing flew in the night before my water broke. He made it just in time. I'm glad you flew out here dad. You're awesome! We love you.
My friend Anne was so sweet to come visit us in the hospital. Thanks Anne! You're a great friend. We love you.
Emma all snuggled up for the ride home.
Emma's first day at home. She loves to snuggle with mom on this chair.
Emma loves her daddy!

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to hear from you all about your birth, and to see photos! I'm glad you posted. She is DARLING! All that hair! I should be so lucky to have my little girl get hair like that. You'll see though when she get's here, cause you're gonna be here!!! Take care, you guys look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you put all these pictures up!! :) she is so dang cute!! I can't wait to see you guys soon!!

    ReplyDelete